Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by mopar dave
Andy, I'm leaning toward Indy t ram with ultra xp 650's for my combo. How much power do you think the eddy 500's can make on my combo?

XP 650 carbs will cost a lot more than a pair of Edelbrock carbs. For your engine and your use the Edelbrocks will work fine and save you a ton of money. Or, if you're ready to go EFI get a dual Sniper setup with a Hyperspark distributor. Then you'll have full digital control of your fuel curve and ignition. You'll also have wide band feedback so you'll know what your air fuel ratio is and you'll be able to run data logs on the street or track. Something like that would answer a lot of questions that you have.

This makes no sense, on the one hand the advice is to save a buck by going with edelbrocks and then the next is the advice to spend a small fortune for a setup that, at best will equal a pair of well tuned carbs. (with the exception of cold start drivability)

As a reply to the OP's question, a pair of properly tuned 650 Holley's will run and drive quite well....although I'd go with the 750 Holley's as I've run both as well as 625-750 carter/edelbrocks and drivability is pretty much the same, but the 750's have equal throttle body sizes for a little more equal distribution.
Also, the annular boosters are available in the 750's to which I recently did a little back to back testing between them and downlegs, with the annulars having a "slight" et advantage over downlegs. I suspect with your car being a little heavier than mine, annulars would probably be the better choice.

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.