I had a very interesting conversation with an old acquaintance from Wegner Automotive Research about my valve train and interest in Ti valves. They build a lot of different engines from pullers to high speed oval stuff to SCCA T/A. He is a proponent of keeping the valve spring as small and light as possible to help endurance/reliability vs. the old school (and my adopted) way of bigger is better. Some interweb reading indicates that folks like Reher-Morrison agree with this approach.

So far the sum of this research points me towards CrN coated Ti valves in them and use a small OD spring/retainer to lighten things up as much as possible. I know several Manley dealers so that is who will likey supply the valves/locks/retainers/keepers/springs. It's funny to look at a high zoot drag race spring for our Dinosaur motors and then look what they offer for modern platforms (LS, Gen3. etc). I see a trend with much shorter installed height, a non-interference fit between inner/outer springs, steeper ramp angles on the springs and they are a whole hell of a lot lighter of course.

Anyone tried sing little springs like this yet? How'd it fare?

And before we get overboard with the cost of things a) my wife is all for Ti valves so can it lol and b) all those years of not having cable or not smoking cigarettes pay off : D

Dwayne I asked about the poor seat material and possibility of tuliped valves as a result of this. No feedback at this time. DO you have any more thoughts on what might have caused that issue?