Originally Posted by YO7_A66
Lew:
Rick is who rebuilt this trans about three years ago. He asked me if I liked the way it shifted and at that time, I said yes. So he left the adjustments on the VB alone. I do not know if he swapped out the spring or not.

Thanks

EDIT: I just found a note in his rebuild sheets ""took out his restrictor plug in case". So I must have put it in and he then removed it before the pictures were taken.
if you put the TF2 kit in, then it comes with the big spring. rick did both my transmissions. the first one he did was for my '65 coronet. he did put a heavy spring in it and basically the mods he did was like the TF2 kit. I had shifting and kickdown band issues when I first installed the trans, NO FAULT OF RICKS!. I played with the valve body a little and re-set the throttle pressure adjustment to 5/16" thinking he had missed it. I didn't understand his replacing the stock spring with a heavy and that was a problem with me setting the 5/16"; he said don't do it. later I had to replace the valve body and did the TF2 kit with the heavy spring. same old runaway upshift problems and crazy 2-3 overlap. I ended up backing the throttle pressure off a bunch (6 or 7 turns at the carb) and that made manual WOT upshifts possible and reduced a lot of the normal driving upshifts problems. later rick did the trans in my '69 coronet. did his shift kit thing (looked like the old transgo mods) in the valve body but didn't install a restriction in the case or heavy spring. this trans is perfect for what I do and there is basically no 2-3 overlap at any time. maybe this winter i'll get the '65's valve body back out and take a very serious look at the throttle pressure spring issue. I firmly believe it's a problem.