Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by lewtot184
try backing off the throttle pressure adjustment. I have a TF2 in one of my cars and hate it. I think the throttle pressure spring is too heavy for normal driving and leads to too much 2-3 overlap. I tried reducing the orifice size as mentioned but it didn't make any difference. I much prefer the older TF1 type kit.

How small did you go with the restrictor? I personally have never seen an instance where you couldn't get the hole small enough to get the job done. In fact, it is easy to go too small and introduce a flair.

Back in the day, a 2-3 flair on higher mileage 727s was common due to clutch wear which caused extra clutch pack clearance which took longer to fill thereby slowing the high clutch application. Either way, controlling the filling of the clutch pack changes the timing of the clutch pack application.

And why not put a stock throttle pressure spring back in? Or as you suggested, maybe just back down the one you have in there now? There is a lot of adjustment in either spring. As you probably know, lowering the line pressure lowers the holding pressure to the clutch packs. IMHO, there are better ways to address the 2-3 overlap.
I used the same size hole the comes in the transgo shift kit welch plugs. I thought it was 9/64" but could be wrong. I firmly believe the heavy throttle pressure spring is the culprit. I know backing the throttle pressure adjustment makes a very noticeable difference in harshness and it's the only way to prevent runaway shift points. i'm using the stock 4600rpm governor too. trans was built by A&A.