Feets, you are fluent in EFI and for you, it is absolutely the right choice. But you really do stretch to justify it to the masses.

First you argue that retrofit EFI is not in it's infancy. Yet there are serious upgrades to the systems (or outright replacement) on a regular basis. Once it matures, that frequency and volume will not be a fact. If you don't like infancy, then how about immature? Maybe adolescent? Debate the terms if you want, but retrofit EFI certainly is not a mature technology.

And I am not even going to go into the 'well proven' part of your statement.

Next you say 'EFI is generally more expensive than a carb'. You downplay the reality. Which is that it is generally many times more expensive than the carb it replaces. Many times more expensive. 'Generally more expensive' is being disingenuous.

And for a finale, you compare retrofit throttle body injection to factory port injection. You know better! That is apples to oranges in anybody's book. There certainly is no comparison between carburation and modern factory EFI. Nobody wants to return to the 'good ol' days' of carburetors on our modern cars. Certainly not me. And there are many reasons that today's engines go so many more miles than their predecessors. Engine management systems being a big part of it, but is not all of it. Again, not a realistic comparison for a discussion of carb vs retrofit EFI. No more than the 'better fuel economy' argument stands the smell test. Even if there were a significant improvement in fuel economy (which is doubtful compared to a well tuned carb) it is meaningless given EFI's additional cost.

It is interesting that you do not go into the issues of a 'wet' intake which presents the same issues with the retrofit EFI as it does with a carb. Nor do you go into detail on what it takes to incorporate a timing map with these systems. Heck, you even blew past my question on how much it would cost and what exactly it would do for my application. Again, that is the bottom line. What does someone really get. And for how much time, money, and effort.

Or you could cost out the OP's shopping list and give us a realistic time estimate (even IF everything goes right). But you don't do that. You give broad generalizations, and apples to oranges comparisons.

Once again, the cost/benefit analysis is probably gonna swing in favor of these EFI systems eventually. And that is a good thing. But you can't show me that balance sheet today with any convincing data that favors it today, at least not for most of us. If you do have it, let's see it.

Master, again and still