Well I know his buddy who has been building these engines and continues to build them. He is going to be my main consultant cause the guy knows what to run what with what and knows the entire geometry and science of building an engine. He was the main help in designing my father's 440 and that thing is pushing 650hp on pump gas and dished diamond pistons, but we think his 516 heads make up for it anyway. The guy has his garage filled to the roof in hemi's, 440's, 340's and whatever else the guy has. I'm sure begging for a hemi won't work lol.

But from what he said, the hemi was more about pedigree and was a real pain in the a** because it required constant maintenance and timing adjustments. He also suggested building a 400 stroker motor as well. I really need to sit down with him so we can come up with a plan for this rebuild. The reason I'm asking up here for suggestions is because it helps give me ideas and view points from others who have tried this.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original