Well me and the old man just got done arguing over heads and certain choices with this motor. We decided that we can go with the mopar performer intake manifold and it will still maintain stock appearance on the motor. Of course it won't have the cast numbers on it but I'll just tuck the stock manifold away for safe keeping.

We'll rebuild the carter competition carb 750cfm. I'll remove the competition tag off the front of it and it will resemble the carter AVS carb from the factory.

The hi-po manifolds are definately staying because they do flow decent for a factory exhaust manifold compared to a regular exhaust manifold. The beauty is that the factory exhaust on this car is solid as a rock and just needs to be cleaned. The whole exhaust system, factory mufflers and all, is re-usable.

I'm pretty sure that I want to go with the 484 lift mopar purple cam for this motor. The AC pump won't be as much of a strain as I was making it out to be.

Now comes the heads that we spent quite sometime arguing over. His claim is that the 346 heads should work perfectly fine with the proper deck work done. We'll swap out the valves and put in 2.14 valves as a replacement for the 2.08 valves. We have the templates to do a full port and polish job on the heads to give more air flow.

With the ignition system, were going to convert the car to an all electronic ignition system. In order to maintain the 'stock' appearance, we'll tuck away and hide all the aftermarket ignition components.

Now for pistons and rings, his buddy who has a 69' Charger RT SE strongly suggests going with TRW pistons and cast iron rings. He's been running those pistons and rings for a number of years in the same motor and still runs a solid 12.3 in quarter.

Unless I get some judge that is totally anal and studies mopars day and night, I think this car can do really good at shows by maintaining an almost all origional appearance.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original