Quote:

Well I had it moved from the question and answer section hoping that some of these restoration guys had ways to up the performance on their motors without having to swap out too many factory pieces. That was the goal was to simply up the perf. without having to do major mods to the existing factory motor. But I'm finding out that that's not possible. Plus I don't see a performance section anywhere on Moparts anyway.

Well this section is more oriented to restoration of body and trim stuff mainly. How best to match finishes on bezels, etc. Judging from how much is updated when i check in you're not getting as many people reading your posts. I think you would get more opinions and advice if you were posted in the technical Q&A forum or even the race forum.

Hey now don't lose hope on your goals. With a fresh rebuild and a few details that 383 will be singing and looking very stock. The F.A.S.T. guys for sure are running excellent numbers on bias tires and stock appearing equipment. The key i have always seen is they usually stroke the heck out of the motors. This is why the stroked 400 route was suggested for you. It really is the best of both worlds. Stock looking but brings a mighty punch when you need it.

'73 GK6 Challenger Rallye - 340 4-Speed