Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Differences between building all out/max effort pieces VS bracket pieces. Everything has a place, OP asked about belt drives. Not are they better than chains or gear drives. But about belts and whast out there. He seems to be having an issue with Cloyes chains as well.

As I say each design has its place and function. Im not going to waste money on a belt when a chain will work just fine. Lower open spring pressures, street/strip type stuff why bother, but that was not the question. This became a pissing match over some people perceptions about those who use a Belt from what I see, from those who have never run one. You wanna run a timing chain on an engine like mine by all means go for it. Don't think you will find many people recommending them with spring pressures of 1400+ open, and as much on the seat as most have in their bracket cars over the nose. The question was about belt drives. I have used both of the available brands, Jesel and Australian Muscle Parts versions, as well as chains and gear drives. I prefer the Jesel over the rest. But I also understand they have their place and are not meant for all. I hope the Australian Muscle Parts one will be better than last time and come in at a lesser price. They will have their place just like every other cam drive choice out there.

well said Al, I kinda notice this post wondered off from its original direction. I had reopened it after talking with Mike from 'Straylin Muscle parts & I forwarded the pics he sent me, just so Cab who started this would be in the loop for whats going to be available, but yeah, this post went down hill a bit from there. Just glad we have sensible folk like you to steer this thread back to where it should have been in the first place.