Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
I belt drive is always a good idea, for those who want the best and plan to actually try an make their car run as hard a possible. If you are a guy who screws or has stuff screwed together plugs it into the car and just runs it then by all means just use a timing chain. If you want the best use the best. If not then don't. I love those ads where people say "the best of the best" used to build. Then see things like timing chains, shelf pistons and eagle cranks. If you want the ultimate in adjustability and less variations in cam timing with BIG springs then use a belt. If you want rock solid timing that will not bounce around, then run a belt drive distributor, if not then don't. It really is just that simple.

That is what I have noticed in my street strip car. WHat was once solid timing is not anymore.

Will my engine be all top of the line. No but better than average. Yes anything can fail but I fell better putting a Callies crank and Oliver rods in my KB than I would eagle or 440 Source. Not bashing either as I have ran them with success. Everything has its place.

Ok