Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Another thing: alot of people were saying I would need a 2"+ compression height piston, but these are 1.867. How much does compression height matter after all of the other things have been worked out?

Read... the... books...

If you don't understand the implications of compression heights, you shouldn't be building anything. I'm done with this.

Ok then bye. But im clearly not building this myself. Hollis Page will be. I apologize for asking questions on a website meant for questions...

It's hard to communicate via the interweb, especially when the topic is as detailed as what you want.

On top of that, you are like a fart in a skillet. You are all over everywhere. I'm old enough to tell you've I've seen this before. You want to know it all, and know it now. It doesn't work that way. When you struggle with what compression distance is (nothing more that stroke length/rod length/ deck height) and mix things together, no one has any idea if you are actually teaching with what you are being told, or you are getting more confused.

You need to slow down and realize you won't learn this [censored] in a year. Or a decade. It's a lifetime of learning and it only stops when you quit or die.

You need to take this like eating an elephant...you do it one bite at a time. What you are doing is trying to take a sip from a fire hose. Read everything you can. Then reread it. It takes a lifetime.

I understand i wont know everything in one post. Im simply asking questions. And yes im asking alot of different things. I would rather have an idea of what I want to do with each part then build an engine and take another month or two of questions to know what i should get for my rear end. Or suspension. Or brakes. Id rather be able to learn as much as possible at the same time than learn things on at a time. I was simply asking how piston compression height plays a role in this. Everyone has given me answers on everything about the stroker kit, but the compression height is much different than what has been suggested. Im simply trying to know if i would need to get the same kit with pistons that have a higher compression height or not.