Originally Posted By Twostick
Originally Posted By Nick Stevanovski
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
You might want to consider using a deep reverse dome piston with 24.0 CC instead of a shallow full dish piston with 24.0 CC.
The reason being is to try and keep some quinch in the combustion chambers work scope

Thats what I was thinking, and I actually emailed 440 source about whether or not theyre dish or reverse dome, and I will ask if theres a way to get reverse dome with their kit.

My 440/493 kit from 440Source used Ross pistons so it was a while ago. It was a custom 34cc reverse dome that with OOTB 84cc RPM heads, zero deck and a .039 gasket put me at 8.97:1 IIRC. It makes 600 ft/lbs on 87 regular.

In the time it took Ross to finally make the pistons, (3 months. Nice customer service) Brandon had enough orders to make it a shelf stocking piston so I got the custom up charge $$ back. If they still do this piston maybe they can change the pin height for a small fee.

Kevin

Oh ok thank you, so they do offer custom kits, that helps alot. Im not gonna go that low on compression though, im thinking 10-10.5, maybe 11 if i have to for some reason.