I've been thinking about this very hard. It's been awhile since I had an issue.

I was running Norris stainless rockers on my W-5 junk and I hurt some bushings and they wore the bushing on the offset. Meaning, they were worn out from the offset. This was single shaft stuff and I was caught by the wear. The lash was changing every time I rolled the engine over and it was because of the odd wear on the bushing.

My first thought was to use a different bushing and get more oil to the rockers. I could have done the bushing myself, but I decided to send them to Rocker Arm Specialties or whatever they called themselves in 1999 or 2000ish.

When they looked over the rockers they called and said there isn't a bushing good enough to take that load with that offset. Essentially, the rocker is being forced against the shaft at the pushrod side. With that, the rocker gets shoved over against the exhaust rocker. And then you get galling, no matter how much clearance between the rockers and how much shaft clearance you have.

The fix for that rocker was RAS milled down both sides of the EXHAUST rockers so I could run a Torrington bearing on both sides of the exhaust rocker. This stopped a considerable amount of binding between the rockers, and it stopped letting the intake rocker only load one side of the rocker on the shaft (I'm saying the rocker was cocking on the shaft at the pushrod side) and the exhaust rocker became a sort of stabilizer for the intake rocker.

I never hurt another set of bushings and the lash was perfect unless some other gremlin ate me up.

I mention this because I don't know if it was here or over on speedtalk someone suggested a flanged bearing for your deal. After thinking about it, that may be an answer. That flange can help support the rocker and not let the rocker try and move away from the offset (hope I said that correctly).

I was using 340 on the seat and about 880-900 over the nose on a single shaft. The cam was a Cam Motion deal that .754/.736 and I was shifting at 8500.

A clanged bearing (if available) may be the answer. I think the rocker is being allowed to cock on the shaft even if the tolerance is very small. Once it gets after the needles and the clearance opens up it aggravates the cocking and goes down the toilet.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston