Dwayne, i have run both spray bars and pushrod oiling at the same time. I am at a loss to understand why my motor has this issue. I run the 1224 springs on the intakes, the cam is a custom grind from mike Jones, the pushrods are Manton 7 /16 and 1/2 inch ( clearance issues!). Shift and trap rpm are 7450 rpm.
A little more history is in order here. My failures before these last two failures were when i used 3/8 pushrods and a fairly harsh cam with older superstock type lobes. The current two failures came after the upgrades of bigger pushrods and the Mike Jones cam, and all new 1.7 ratio rockers. When i upgraded these parts, i also went to
Bronze washers running against the rocker bodies to register the rockers. I have found chewed up washers that i am pretty certain caused the latest failures. My thinking is, if the bushings would hold up to both the spring loads and side loads, i would have a reliable system for a change. My idea is to use a bushing cut to fit , allowing only .005 side clearance, and have the bushing register the rocker in the bar.
The exhaust rockers seem to do ok, it is just the intakes that give me grief. For oiling, i could drill a hole through the top of the rocker where it is lightened in the center, and through the bushing to recieve oil from the spraybars.

Last edited by gregsdart; 10/30/18 01:12 PM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky