Fwiw : imho the book is just SLR , we also have to deal with chassis set up , shock control, tire size/ compound , stall speed , hp abd weights in between what’s listed in the chart.

It would “ seem to me “ if your only two points off the chart , before changing gears I would make sure my rear chassis set up was good, converter close , look to see how th front of car is reacting .
Doug was quite helpful to me today on seeing the torsion bats / shocks function where this car is hp/ tq/ ladder bar/ tire reaction/ chassis rotation .
We aren’t spinning on the hit but, about a car length out .
Front shocks are too loose and front suspension is “ bouncing up/ falling down “ abd it’s that fall that’s unloading the slick .
Basically we we aren’t controlling how fast the spring ( torsion bar) extends and rebounds - if I have this in my head right .

We are going to tighten up our front shocks and this should do two things - stop the bounce and the spin associated with it.
Secondly the tire should stay planted with the same paddle longer instead of wadi g up/ going round/ wadding up.

If your chassis tuning is good then, might want to look at ratio.
We run 1/8 mile here all year so we are trying to get the car “ all in” accordingly .

These guys have helped get the car stable, making straight/ clean/ safe passes and we have dropped almost a full half second this season..
Fwiw