Trying to get my mind around SLR for 3000- to 3500 lbs race only cars in 1/8 mile with: 727
4000 to 5500 stall converters
foot braking
511 ( bb strokers)
650 to 725 hp
29.5- 30 inch tires - 11 to 12.5 wide
ladder bar as well as caltrac set up cars.

Im not sure the 9 to 11 SLR formula's are correct for 1/8 mile.
the reason being is what i'm seeing on data i'm taking is 3rd gear is lazy in some and generally not being used to access the upper power band/peak power of engine.
However, i do "get it" on blowing off the tires at the hit with too high of a SLR .
Im going to test high 11.98 SLR next week.

I know we can go with the lower first gear ( not cheap ) but it seems the cars i know of using it with 4.11 -4.30 gears are still leaving their upper rpm power in the car, not on the stripe.

What i'm "really" having trouble figuring out/calculating is the converter effect on SLR.
If i'm mathematically at 11.98 from rear gear and trans first gear, who do i calculate in the converter multiplication .
Secondly on the converter math: It seems to me this math is more critical with a transbrake car than with a foot brake car- am i thinking correctly and if so, what values to i use in looking at each scenario, if im wrong, i would like to know why and, how i should approach this.

As usual , i really appreciate you folks.

Rusty ( the pest- grin )