I removed the thermostat and topped coolant. I could see some movement/flow in the radiator as I idled, but it wasn't fast movement. I also adjusted the timing. After reading some timing threads pertaining to the 509 cam in a 440, i capped the vacuum line from the carb so no vacuum advance. I set initial timing to about 20 deg BTDC. It's 77 degrees Fahrenheit this evening and about 1400' elevation. As I drove temp steadily but came up to about 190-200 as I drove at 55-65 mph for about 5 miles. As I came back into town I decided to slow to 30-35mph and drive about 4 or 5 blocks into town. The temp climbed to 210 pretty quick so I turned around and headed back to my house about 5 blocks away. Temps reached 230 before I could pull in my drive and shut down. I text a buddy to vent my frustration and he said "are you sure your gauge is accurate"?. I grabbed a towel and mashed it over the cap while I slowly lifted the radiator cap lever. The lever came up without spraying a drop of coolant. I slooooooowly twisted the cap and then slowly lifted the cap. I expected some spray but nothing. The coolant was only about 3/4" below the cap and it was letting off a few wisps of steam/vapor but I expected it to be boiling. Also, the radiator cap I removed was a cheap piece of junk that says 14-16psi on it. With it being that hot, it should have some serious pressure. So, I'm starting to think it is my gauge possibly. Thoughts?

1970 Barracuda B5 6.1 Hemi/6 speed
1969 Charger survivor in R6 383/727-wrecked 12/24/18
1968 Charger in original burgundy paint "Ribeye"
1968 Charger w/ 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Roadrunner w/ 6.1L/6 speed
2011 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L