Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Originally Posted By CMcAllister
Serious question, not trying to be a crap slinger.

If a person wanted a big inch, low maintenance, consistent, reliable engine with 170MPH horsepower in a sub-2500lb car, and not need to be worked on for several hundred runs, they could call R-M and have one, with all new parts, in their driveway in a few days for a little over 20k.

If I wanted the same thing using a Mopar based wedge engine, who do I call, what will it cost, how long will I wait and what block will I use?

That is the joy and accomplishment of building a Mopar, you get to figure that out for yourself instead of writing a check. Anybody with the bank roll can write a check for the Chevy. You need at least some skills and or talent to put it all together with a Mopar.

iagree When I built my 434 I got to talk to several great guys who were willing to share their wealth of knowledge and experience. I like figuring out and building stuff, to me it's the most enjoyable part of it.

If I were a check writer I'd just take up golf, buy the latest greatest clubs, some funny looking pants and grin like I had good sense.......Sounds really boring doesn't it?