I've been reading this thread and I've been trying to keep an open mind on this subject. Sticking a non brand engine in a specific brand body isn't new by any standard.

Hotrodders have been doing this forever. How many early Fords do you see with small block Chevys in them? Hundreds if not thousands and no one thinks a thing about it. Hell, I'm a Mopar guy and I have a Ford coupe with a Hemi in it. Does that make me a Ford guy? I don't think so... although I do appreciate all brands. That said, Mopar people seem to be way more brand loyal than anyone else. Why? Maybe it is because we do like to "take the road less traveled".

Is is socially acceptable among Mopar guys to stick a Chevy between the frame rails? Serious Mopar people would probably say no. However, many who feel that way fail to take into consideration the reality of today's performance market. In order to remain brand loyal Mopar guys spend more money, take more time scrounging parts, and generally wind up with less horsepower per dollar than the other brands. For some people this almost dictates switching to an off brand like Chevy.

When you take this into consideration it makes sense, even if it's not popular within the Mopar community. Unfortunately as time goes on and the aftermarket for our 60's era Mopars dries up its inevitable that more and more engine swapping between brands will take place.

So is the OP really a closet Chevy guy?? I would have to say, No. He's a Mopar guy that has accepted reality and as others have said, "decided to take the easy (less expensive) road. Although it pains me to say this, trust me.... he won't be the last.

Last edited by Centerline; 12/15/17 01:32 PM.

Centerline
64 Dodge Polara 426 Street Wedge - For when I want to go fast
99 Corvette Z-06 - For when I want to turn corners