Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Originally Posted By dthemi
As much as it dulls the appeal for me swapping to chevy power, I can't think of a single LOGICAL reason not to do it. Parts O plenty, less cost, and often more power. Hell, if you buy used chevy stuff it's usually 8 cents on the dollar too. Good luck finding something good used in a mope.

Need a chevy block, you have 10 or more choices new, on shelf, same day, and countless used ones.

Hey I need a Mopar block,,,and a time machine.

This is very true, plus a gazillion already well sorted combo's.

But, to me it's taking the easy route. I would rather walk the road less travelled but man, that road sure has a lot of stones. laugh2

There ya go--I agree with both these mopar gentlemen

As an engine builder I do lots of different brands--fact is I have grown so tired of overpriced 440 cores that I did a 289 Ford last January as the core was $100 and right in front of me so--long story short I have done over 20 289's this year--they sell before the paint gets dry--buyers never ask about HP and there is very little if any competition so....
Then I wanted a vintage Front Engine Dragster--found a great frame and well--it would not take a Mopar was too narrow so I put a SBC in it--first one I have ever owned in my life--bought a vintage 1966 Hilborn injection for it at fall swap meet for $600 on $1000 asking price--could I do that with a Mopar?? me thinks not --guess what--I have come to love that little engine
It takes a beating while running 15% nitro and laying down low 5 sec runs
Yea I miss my Crate Motor Duster and my Super B and all of the other great Mops I have had and yes I still LOVE to build a mean big block Mopar but as a business man it is easier to see the differences between the brands and when a customer starts talking real HP like the 1000 HP goal with a Mopar I cringe!! All while thinking how reasonable a 632 Chevy is and what it cost these days to do that with a Mopar is just not smart $$ for the average guy
I LOVE Mopars--but I also love my little Chebby

Picture is how I bet you all must be feeling about this thread