Originally Posted By 71vert340
...and just install a fuse or fusible link in the red wire bypass. Should it go between the battery and the starter relay or should it go between the relay and the ammeter?
Terry

sorry once again, I didn't read this before

Either one physically COULD work... however the wire between the starter relay and the batt also feeds the starter motor solenoid through the relay. I don't know if the starter motor solenoid will suck enough power to blow the fuse link. IF NOT ( and I can't tell it really ) that could give me a great idea to link both red wires straight to the starter relay stud, then the single fuse link setup from there to feed the batt wire. Would make easier this splice job of the parallel wiring system.

I can't tell how much load sucks the stater solenoid by itself though to be hold by a 14 gauge wire. Maybe not specially if for some reason needs to get cranking several times or for long time. Maybe that's the reason why it's ( if we think the load running from batt ) after the relay and not before, but we are talking stock setup uses a 16 gauge fuse link, not 14.

Does somebody knows how much amps sucks the starter motor solenoid ? 20? 30? 40?

Last edited by NachoRT74; 09/08/17 05:02 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela