So Here's what I have. Some more pics to help explain and a drawing (a rough one) I made. I forgot to mention the dealer installed a Mopar under dash A/C unit which I pulled out. I'm now reassembling the dash. I tested on my ohm meter between the black wire on alternator and the black wire that hooks up with the red wire, both bypassing the bulkhead connector block, to the back of the Ammeter. Only 1.2 ohms on bypass black wire between alternator and ammeter. The dash harness black wire is still hooked to the ammeter also (both black wires on same ammeter post. You can see the red disconnected wire in the pic of the back of the ammeter which my blue pen is pointing to. That's the one from the bulkhead connector block. The car worked fine but the non working a/c unit was installed then. Only the fan in the unit blew air. Since everything is apart and I'm just getting ready to put dash in, now's the time to repair anything. Thanks for your patience. Seems like we all have similar questions. Didn't mean to hijack post but we all seem to have the same problems with these old systems.
Terry

20170908_104948 (Small).jpg20170908_105201 (Small).jpg20170908_105452 (Medium).jpg