Originally Posted By Mattax
Originally Posted By 4406bbl
If anybody knows of a correct tool for mopar ends im all ears.
I mentioned a good resource for correct tools and supplies in the Fried thread, its on the Civilian Jeep Forum Basic Wiring 101.

P d'ro started this discussion in the other thread, so he's seen that. In his situation, he has no tools or shop, and he needs to minimize on that.
The one the tool that will always be good for P d'ro to have around is a multi-meter.

p d'ro - The keys to the answering your questions are really in your hands now.
You have to identify the wires and where they go and come. Write it down, draw it out, and compare with the factory. Then see what has been changed and how that effects current flow.
Then with both a voltmeter (multimeter) and the ammeter, it will be fairly easy to collect the information that will reveal why ammeter follows the rpm.
See my previous post about what may be wrong and how to figure it out.

I agree with everything posted by Nacho and Mattax and learned alot in the other thread.
I just have to figure out how the prior owner wired this. He was a capable mechanic and machinist who did some very nice work on this car before I got it, and it has been running well for 10 years before my VR went and now seem to be charging all the time.
I will draw out what I have, but there are is at least one bat + that goes thru firewall and disappears under dash that I can't trace.
My main issue now is pulling wires off of bulkhead without breaking anything and figuring out what my firewall connection is.
Again, does anyone have this firewall connection that I pictured?