Thanks 451 D*O*D*G*E and TAV

Quote:

I like the valve covers, they're the same ones I used on my AAR clone.

Thanks, since car was Orange and the engine was Orange I wanted something to break it up a little. I considered going with some Old School Chrome Direct Connection Valve Covers but decided to go with these for now.

Quote:

Do you have some sort of breather or PCV valve on them? (with a baffle underneath so oil doesn't splash up from the bottom) Crankcase Ventilation is important. If the crankcase is sealed tight you'll have internal air pressure as the pistons go up and down. Best to keep the compression on the top side of the piston or you might push out an oil seal or gasket somewhere.

I found a breather a while back on ebay that had an extra nipple and the on it that could be run to the Brake Booster and would allow me to have the PCV also. I had it figured out at the time but hadn't thought about it since I'd been busy on other stuff. I do need to revisit that and make a decision.

Quote:

I painted the intake on my AAR clone orange. Originally they were orange right?

Yes, you are right. They should be Orange but I like the aluminum look and thought it broke up all the orange also. So, decided to leave it bare. Since the car is a clone, I'm doing a a few things to my liking as opposed to factory look. Most of what I am doing can be changed pretty easily if one wanted to make it look more factory.

Quote:

I prefer the T/A style air cleaner myself, but that's just personal preference, and it's easy to change later.

When I bought the car, an original T/A air cleaner was included. However, the previous owner had it stored in a friend's barn with a bunch of other really nice Mopar stuff. Unfortunately, the barn caught on fire and burned down along with all the stuff in it. The previous owner felt bad since he told me one would come with the car and bought a repop fiberglass bottom and new metal lid for me. The air cleaner assembly that is on it in the photo is an extra that I'm using until I get the engine in the car. Then I'll put the repop base and all on it.

Quote:

Are you using headers or exhaust manifolds?

A set of HP stock exhaust manifolds and an entire T/A exhaust system came with the car. I blasted and refinished the manifolds and will use them.

Quote:

Any thoughts about how to route/secure you spark plug wires?

Great question. No, I haven't thought about it yet. My game plan was to get the engine married to the trans. on the dolly and then install all the accessories and odds/ends on the engine before I put it in the car. If you have any suggestions, I'm open to them. I haven't looked at what my options are yet.

Joe