Quote:

Quote:

He also had done quite a bit of work on the fenders and had them ready for another round of block sanding with guide coat on them.

Not to criticize, but blocking the panels when they're not bolted to the car (especially the front fenders) is a futile effort...

No problem with your comment Mark. In fact, I said flat out to him, I don't know how you are going to get it straight without blocking the car with the panels attached. However in the days following that, I have read where some people prefer doing it the way he is provided the panels align good. The car was pretty straight from panel to panel to begin with. There was one area that that needed more addressing than usual but that was done when the panels were bolted on the car.

I've been following your build and you do great work. I wish I could perform some of the things you have done and had your skill set. But I don't. I can do a lot of the work on my cars myself but painting and bodywork are not areas that I do very well. So, I have to find someone that will do a nice job that I can afford. Not to mention someone that I can trust to prevent the car from winding up in Bodyshop Jail. Having seen this guy's work, I felt he could get me the job I wanted (or pretty darn close to it) for the amount of money I budgeted. I hope I am right.

Joe