Now that spring is here, things are moving on the project again. Unfortunately, it is not where I hoped it would be. It was supposed to have gone to the painter/bodyguy last fall but (in short) he hosed me. Since he flaked out, I had to find another guy/team that would do the work the way I wanted. After talking with several shops, I ended up talking to a local guy. I saw some of his work several years ago and felt that I would not be able to afford him. Well, I was wrong. He is in my budget and turns out is building a 70 Charger R/T 440 car for himself. Things do happen for a reason. I know this guy will do a good job and he should begin working on it around July. Meanwhile, we decided to have some sheetmetal work completed (original body guy was going to do fab stuff too) to keep things on schedule. So all rust repair is being handled by another capable guy as I type this.

I Picked up the passenger fender today. At some point the original 70 fender had been replaced with a 71 fender. In this "before" pic., you can see the cut-out and arrows showing where the hood bumper needed to be relocated.

5949981-fenderrepair.JPG (187 downloads)