"I know there is a lot of body roll, big mass and generally little road feel on '60s-'70s Chrysler products."

OK, unless you are planning on gymkhana slaloming each and every moment you're behind the wheel, the '70 C's aren't the pigs on ice everyone makes them out to be.

Look at how cop cars are set up. I had a '77 Gran Fury cop car. Stiffer springs and T-bars, single anti sway bar, firm feel box, it would surprise you how far over the posted speed limit you could push it on an exit ramp. Handled surprisingly well for a large car and didn't beat you to death on a rough road.

I've also had a '71 Newport Royal. It was a basic model, PS, PB, AC, 360, but none of the NY'er weight adders. Mine weighed not much more than a B-body. Admittedly, it didn't handle as good as the '77, but I did scare the crap out of a couple of teens in a Mitsu Eclipse that couldn't shake me.

Don't get all stupid with one off parts and donk sized rims. Updated brakes, steering, and tires make huge differences on these cars.

I had the misfortune of driving a '77 Gran Marquis (Mercury/Ford) about a year after I got rid of my cop car. THAT was a pig on ice. If the exit ramp said 30MPH, you had better be doing 20 in that sucker. eek

twocents

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥