Thinking about picking up a C-barge or maybe a B-body for nice day 'daily driving' type duty. I spend a lot of time highway driving to get to work. I have driven 100K miles over the last 4 years in an '08 Mazdaspeed 3.

It's been a decent and fun car with the turbo, 6 speed manual and handling package. The turbo makes torque at any rpm and the 6 speed keeps it in the power band really easily. The suspension is really stiff though and after a long drive in traffic, it gets tiring.

Going from a sport-tuned turbo 4 import to a C barge or B body would certainly be a huge leap. I can't help but think I would miss the ability and responsiveness of the Mazda.

That being said, can you make one of these larger cars handle reasonably? I'm not going to autocross it or anything so no serious G Machine type stuff. Maybe some pieces here and there but whatever platform I end up with would likely stay 'stock'.

Not really into the rubber band tires on huge wheels but I might consider 16" steelies if I can find some that look OK.

I'm thinking rebuilt front suspension with 'good' parts/bushings, sway bars, t bars, lower a tad but not scraping the ground. I would like it to be easy to drive but be responsive and as agile as a larger car could be. I'm not an overly aggressive driver but I don't drive like an old lady either. I have gotten used to be able to whip my car around and it always does what I want it to predictably.

I know there is a lot of body roll, big mass and generally little road feel on '60s-'70s Chrysler products.

The one thing I am be undecided about is an engine. Big blocks make cars nose heavy but larger cars kind of 'need' it and don't really look right with small blocks. Maybe a small block stroker is a viable option? Whatever it winds up being it could very well be fuel injected and overdriven.

Sound like a decent plan or would it be an uphill battle with stock oriented parts?

Thanks for any input.

- Greg

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500