Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
I don't know?, I have to laugh somewhat reading this thread again, and I'll say it again, every white wall or white lettered tire I've had has "browned" whether it's on the car in use, or sitting in the cellar or garage, been like this since the 60's having to clean browned white walls or white lettered tires on an occasional basis

If you want the letters bleached bright white, use Tri-Chlorethelene, on the white portion only with clean white rags

Diamondback ww's on my 300b are close to 15 years old. Perfectly white ww's. Use SOS pads to clean and have used a 1/2 dozen other products. No matter what I use always perfect outcome.

Goodyear Eagle Gt 11 tires just replaced on our 70 Challenger with Polyglass Gt's. Perfect raised white letters on both versions of Goodyears.

Ran TA's for 40 years on different cars. Never a complaint on RWL's at all. Now every radial TA I acquired last 3 years are brown letters.

Diamondbacks on wife's 55 T bird,,,ww's perfect.

Michelin has changed the TA rubber formula. Yes Michelin now manufacturers TA's,,,,,,,not Coker.

I have after 3 sets on my 71 Vette have given up on Goodrich/Michelin. Have now reversed whl's to inside with Blackwell out. Never thought I would ever curse Michelin but they have let us down and when you call them they will plead ignorance. Would make Bernie Maddof turn green with envy.

So far however it appears that the sizes smaller than 255/60's are shipping ok. Possibly old inventory. 255's and 275's are complete junk.

I suggest you go back thru this thread and have another look at the tire photos before suggesting again that some of us do not have a clue when to comes to detailing tires.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 09/26/16 05:17 AM. Reason: Typo