ron, I too bought a set of bfg's, due to the fact my Dunlop gt qualifiers were turning brown and couldn't get them white,and they were 20 years old with 1500 miles on them. I run 255/60 rear, and 245/60 frt. anyway, my point is the letter fonts. the 245's and 1 255 had one style font, the other 255 different. nobody at bfg could explain. tried multiple sources, paying shipping etc,with no luck. tire rack said they had 44 in stock, so I asked sales rep if they could send someone into warehouse to look at fonts and hand pick. they said they couldn't,too dangerous,tire racks are up to 2 stories high. (well then how do they get when they sell?) 2 sales reps, 6 calls begging, no luck, they suck,will never buy another tire from them again, and tell my customers the same. called a fairly local supplier,(have to pay higher price). tell some sweet young sounding girl my dilemma, she says she has 11 in stock. within an hr I have correct tire in hand( after 4 weeks). also date coding , and plant codes no help, had 2 with identical numbers and different fonts. this is my last set of bfg's. gregg