Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
BFG discontinued most of the 14-15 inch line, any tires made now are from Coker, they bought the trademark/license to produce them

The largest 14 BFG is the 245-60-14 Jegs has them for $130 each pn# 131-96965

I emailed Coker a copy of this thread along with a bit of commentary. They responded by suggesting that I was not cleaning properly or perhaps that the manufacturer had changed the formula of the ingredients of the tire.

They denied that they are the manufacturer, that they just sell them.

I now have called Michelin Customer Relations. After a rather lengthy conversation with some direct questions of the agent I spoke with, I did obtain agreement that Michelin had sold the molds to Coker for "certain sizes" and that they are building the tires as Dayclona has suggested.

This explains a lot in my opinion. Enough said for now on that.

I asked the Michelin agent regarding my sizes of 275-60-15 and 255-60-15's. She said she did not have a record of the sizes that Michelin had turned over to Coker.

After more pressing for whom would know this answer, she then requested that I read the 'DOT' code off the tires in question. I provided these codes to her and she said she would do research and get back to me. I also asked that she query engineering or marketing staff to find what they may know that is not public knowledge of what is at the root of this problem.

It is very likely that there are those in the know at Coker and/or Michelin that is not being disclosed of what the problems are and whether corrective action will be taken. I sensed a certain reticence in this entire conversation.

I also called Tire Rack sales and marketing. Their agent says he has not heard of any such problems. Be aware that if you have a warranty issue on a Tire Rack purchase according to the agent I spoke with, to get a replacement tire, you must send them your old tire(s) to gain a warranty replacement. That could prove very expensive in shipping, dismounting, mounting etc. and highly inconvenient. Perhaps this only applies to cosmetic issues,,,,which now Michelin has told me that their warranty does not cover,,,even though they have replaced my tires twice now at modest charge one time and no cost the second time.

A search of the web, I find a number of hits on radial TA lettering turning brown. All fixes basically suggest trying different chemicals to clean,,,just as I have found on this thread. The issue is beyond improper cleaning.

Ask some questions and do your homework before paying your money to buy these tires.

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 05/16/16 08:01 PM.