Anyone else had problems with TA's raised white letters staining brown? This browning occurs via osmosis from the black portion's oils migrating up into the lettering. I've had a couple sets go bad,,,just recently had 4 fairly new tires on my 71 Vette warranty replaced by Michilen/Goodrich for this reason. Am concerned that this new set may experience same issue. As of now the replacement tires are doing ok. But it was some months into ownership of the warrantied set before the staining commenced. Then it was impossible to get them white again.

I've been using TA's since early 70's with no such issues. I am well versed in how to maintain whitewall and raised letter tires. Michelin is aware of this problem, hence their no question response to my warranty adjustment request.

I have noted at car shows that some cars have this issue, where others have bright white lettering as they should. Again I am certain that this is more than an improper cleaning issue.

Have had no such issue with an older set of Goodyears on my Challenger.

TA's on Vette are replacement tires. They are OK, but not near the level of white brightness of TA's of old. But much better than the tires which were replaced.

image.jpegimage.jpeg