Originally Posted By d7cook
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
I understand casting problems and the light, but over 2 years for a block, that's just crazy. I can call Dart and get a billet water block made in about 3 months. I realize that's not cast and is all machined, BUT look at the amount of machining involved. I also realize California has cracked down on that stuff, but there has GOT to be somebody somewhere that can cast those blocks for him in a somewhat timely manner and quality

It's two issues. Getting a timely block and getting the block done. It took 14 months for KB to get my block but its also been another 7 months that they've had it and it's still not done. Taking 14 months to get a block I can eat because it's beyond their control but once they had a good casting I expect it on my porch within 3 months.

If you have seen what ive seen down there (KB shop)you would be very worried. I too waited wayyyyyy longer than was initially told, after hearing a bunch of lies over the coarse of months I made my first trip down there,and started pressing on him...after getting my block with the decks .022" to short, and other problems.. I all I can say is I made a huge mistake in trusting kb with my thousands of hard earned money... should have bought a BA billet block, would have saved money in the long run....