Quote:

Quote:

For those who think that original organosol was rough to the touch, here is a pic of an original 5600 mile A-12 bee hood. You can easily drag a rag across the hood and not have any catching. This is as good as it gets for how the finish of the hood really was.

Danny I'll just say:

I'm sure the factory painted the hoods with:

"2183385 Exterior Air Dry Organsol Paint AF5DX8 Black,"

MikeR

Mike R I would like to see an example of the paint code you have on a hood. The picture posted is very close to originals I have seen.

Danny I agree with you and Mike and everyone else that says the A12 hoods and even the '68 and '69 RR GTX etc., hood treatment did NOT have much texture if any The question I was trying to answer was if the hood manufacture painted the hoods and if the paint was organosol. The part number (2183385), paint code and the description above were right from a factory document for the A12 lift off hoods......can anyone check that AFX5DF code and part number to see what it might be?

Thanks,

MikeR

and here even the underside of a 1969 media photo of an A12 hood show NO texture in the paint. I know it's the underside but it would show some in spots if it did. I have an original A12 hood and the bezels have never been removed when I do remove them I'll post photos but we all know there will be very little if much texture