Quote:

Not sure if this helps but that AX5DX8 black seems to be an actual factory< in house> paint code. I know from working in the chrysler facility I was stationed at all of our quart cans and gallon cans of paint material all had an extra label secured over the original along with extra paint codes on it. This was to reduce the amount of lunch pail theft as you weren't really sure of what you were taking without peeling the outside label off. Just a thought. My paint supplier told me that the only codes for organisol in his books from 1969 were the 9355 which probably is correct for doing the rocker blackout as well as the tail panels for chargers etc. as listed on that TSB. He did give me another product which I had forgotten about which is called High Performance Black DDL 9381. That number has been changed to DDL 9423. I remember painting the glass hood for my dads T/A Challenger with this years ago and it seems like it might be the right stuff. I am going over to his shop and look around and see if I can find that gallon can. Has anyone tried using the DDL9423?

Joey, for sure that is the factory paint code (AX5DX8) for the A12 hoods (and maybe the AAR/T/A too?) and then the 9407 was from memory by a good friend and excellent source and he may be off on the last two numbers because he used the "94" several times until he settled for 9407. The DDL9423 may be the "missing link" for the closest match to the hood paint

MikeR