Quote:

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has anything new to add on this subject since I will need to advise my paint guy.

Thanks, Joe

I just bought a very expensive gallon of the DDL9355 Organosol Black Acrylic Lacquer for doing the taillight panels of my cars, as well as my Challenger T/A hood & 69 Road Runner hoods.

Bumping the thread to see what the latest advice on applying the DDL9355 lacquer over a modern PPG base/clear coat paint would be.

A few questions too...

1) Is a barrier required because it is a lacquer?

2) What is the shelf life of an un-opened can of DDL9355... I have another can of DDL9355 about 10 years old or so, and when shaken it sloshes around like it was just canned. Thinking about trying this old batch first, and resealing it in four quart or eight pint cans immediately after opening... thoughts? What is the oldest mix anyone has successfully used?

3) With the old batch I bought DTL876 thinner, what thinners are available now that can be used?

4) Are the old and new batch likely to be different due to substitutions of components?

5) Are other additives like hardeners, accelerators, etc normally required when applying DDL9355? Does it depend whether is a hood or taillight panel?

6) What is the latest on modern non-lacquer Organosol substitutes? Safer to apply on modern paints?

Any application advice or links to good material would be appreciated. I am gathering this information to give to the painter, who has not sprayed Organosol before...

Thanks... Allen