Originally Posted By Monte_Smith

We see the same at our local track, we have a guy with a twin turbo, smallblock Nova on leafs and drag radials. It is a TRUE street car, but it also hauls butt, to the tune of low 5s. So some of the "fun" guys are not going to make a lot of changes to come get their butts handed to them anyway.........so the track lets some stuff slide. I am sure it's the same everywhere.

Got to remember, most of these type classes are at local tracks where they are trying to give some of their career TnT guys a place to race and also cash in on the "Street Outlaws" or "small tire" craze. To me a class racer that goes out there and beats up on the fun guys, because he can win, has no business there, but you can't just tell me he can't race, if his car fits the rules. The tracks MUST have car count, or the class goes away

Around N. Alabama a competitive KOS street car is in the low 5's or faster and carries a chute. And they do a cruise before the race. That is what I want to do with my Demon, and drive it to the track, but without a blower I don't think it will happen.

That Nova sounds like Clyde's "nukular banana" which he tried to run at the fall Radial Fest and sheared off the lugs on one side at the launch with the TB. He came back this spring with the same rear axle and new studs and repeated, but this time it put him in the wall. New 9" rear end with better stuff was sitting on his shop floor. The excellent track prep at RF is what kills these cars that are not ready for it. At the spring race they broke 3 cars and cost the program about an hour in cleanup.

Last edited by Airwoofer; 07/06/16 04:17 PM.