Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Just wondering how the street car shootouts in your area go? Have much of a turnout? Full of legitimate street cars?
I'm talking about street car shootouts where you typically have a 10-30 mile cruise beforehand to "prove" it is a street car and a few rules...has DOT legal tires, mufflers, full interior, and matching tags/registration/insurance.
I think the biggest turnout I've seen was about 14 cars.

Around here they have become a joke. No one checks insurance or registration. They allow cars to run that are on slicks. They allow cars to run w/ no interior other than a driver's seat and a hacked up dash. I ran in one shootout that specified stock suspension only, yet the car in front of me in qualifying was on ladder bars. When I confronted the promoter about it in the driver's meeting, he said "oh I know that guy, it's a street car". argue
If they have no cruise before the race, you get cars that have to be towed to the line and back to the trailer every pass and some w/o radiators. runaway

It seems there is always at least one car causing a controversy.
I'm well aware that I will continue to get my a$$ handed to me by 2600 lb turbo mustangs that run anywhere from 4.70s to 5.10s in the 1/8 that are probably just as much of a street car as my own, but at least they are legal for the class.

Just curious if this same stupid crap happens in other places?

exact same BS over here.......we have a top ten list #1car has lexan windows,glass doors with just a hole in the lexan to open the door.....i dont care about slicks, ladders, 4link whatever as long as you can drive it for a 30mile cruise and not wear out the valvesprings or die of heat exhaustion.supposed to check for valid insurance and sticker also.....low 8s seems to be the mark around here.car count for the first event was over 20cars and probably more than double that registered.

Last edited by KOS; 07/05/16 04:56 PM.