Exactly...I know my car is a sled, but I will not gut or cut THIS car up. That's beside the point. All I'm talking about is following rules! We all know interior doesn't make the car any faster other than weight loss. But when it's in the rules that the car has to have interior...if they're in the lane next to me, they better be sitting like I am.
Like I said earlier, you wouldn't want them to allow a 29.5 car to run in a 28/275 shootout would you?

FWIW...I do fairly well w/ my 3900 lb. sled in these shotoouts most of the time. Been to 3 finals and won one of them. Lost one to a slower car b/c I spun the tires. When my car decides it wants to hook, I usually go rounds, lol.

This type of stuff is exactly why I will not be running any more of these races (and I'm not alone). I put slicks on mine so I can hopefully go faster and not worry about being legal for some class that the rules get bent for certain people. The difference is that now that my car is on slicks, I won't even try to get the rules bent for me.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax