Quote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but all the tracks around here, have a set purse. It pays (x) amount of dollars to win Pro ET. I have seen as many as 200 cars and as few as 40. So really, no matter how many cars are there, if EVERY first round loser bought back, you would only add one round of racing. Hardly a huge wear and tear expense on anybodys equipment. As far as a "buybacks only" race, that would mean the extra cash would go to that purse and as stated before, the track could possibly use that cash to help pay for other things. When I bracket raced, I went to try and win and therefore make money. If buybacks were available and I got beat, I bought back, period. I treated it as a paid test pass, because the actual race generally started well after the last time trial. So I set up for first round on kill and let it eat. Won more than once after buying back. You can't win sitting in the trailer. Personally, I don't care who is in the other lane. Don't care if they bought back or not. I have a better package, I win.

Monte

I agree !! 100% You go to track to race ..everyone get the chance to buy back ..At our track .the money go to the winner..I do not know of a track with in 100 miles of me that don't do buy back..good thing for the racers and the track..