Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FWIW I generally think the "buy back" guys, or "mulligan" racers in this scenario, should have to go into a separate group and race each other, OR be out of the main money race all together and race for a much lesser purse.

Thats a good idea for all tracks, buy backs race for their own "buy back purse" .

Why? What difference does it make, if you have to run a car that bought back or not. You have to go (x) amount of rounds to win a race. Why would it really matter if you ran the same guy every round. Cut a light, run the number, win the race. Every track wants to pay a decent purse and racers want to race for a decent purse, so why begrudge a track for allowing buy backs, to get some extra cash. The first reason you always hear, "they don't put the buyback money in the purse", again, so what. It takes money to keep the gates of that track open, for you to come out and race for that guaranteed money, in front of empty stands. It would be nice if all the racers could be on the track owner or promoters side of things, just one time and see how hard it is to keep a track open and halfway updated and on top of that, provide you with a living, if you don't have a real job.

Monte

The only problem with the above is that 'x' number of rounds can change based on the whims of the losers - whether they choose to buy back or not. If I have to go another round because someone bought back in then it's as if I was racing on a ladder that was that much bigger, and therefore the pot would have been greater to begin with. Going more rounds should equal more money to win - fair and simple. I shouldn't have to beat on my equipment 'x' number of more rounds due to buybacks and have nothing additional, providing I won of course, to show for it. Tires, gas, wear and tear, etc. and all the other things per round add up for the car owner too.

If they want to buy back in let them buy into a losers race.