Originally Posted By brando
So to summarize the answer to the original question (I am installing the Lokar unit myself), this is what I gathered from all of the replies above.

1. Use the special Mopar tool or a spring to keep light forward pressure on the kick down lever and adjust the cable at the throttle end with no slack at idle.

2. Ensure that when the kick-down linkage is in the WOT position, is does not limit/bind the throttle plates from reaching the WOT position. If it does, drill a new hole in the kick-down lever.

Did I get this right, or did I miss a step?
thanks
Vic

i am NOT a fan of the lokar setup. with that said, the step you need to take is to duplicate the brackets in material that is at least twice as thick and add gussets to them so they do not bend in use. re-do the carb mounting bracket so it stays in proper position. the "grub screw" they use to keep the bracket in its proper position is almost impossible to keep tight even with locktite. i have worked on/tried to adjust/keep properly adjusted over a dozen of these setups over the years, and all but one guy switched back to the factory linkage. the cable used is worse than bicycle brake cable when it comes to stretching. this deal may work on GM transmissions, but i have had absolutely no luck at all on torqueflights. others may say they have used it on applications when space was a premium and it worked out, but if it were me and i needed something like that, i would look at a late model A500 or A518 setup that used a cable linkage and use it instead of that lokar deal. just my experiences. i would spend my $100 bill elsewhere.
beer