Originally Posted By crabman173
002 AND 003
if you do something silly like "lower" the high side etc you just ruined all of the research and development that Chrysler put into those items--it was extensive and cost a wad back in the day--They sit the way they sit so the car will LAUNCH correctly--change it so it "looks" better and you ruined it.
Super stock springs rely on the correct shocks to work right--they are designed for DRAG cars so the shocks that work on drag cars are dangerous on the street
You need something like Koni SPA-1's on the front set to full loose and some serious adjustables on the back NOT Ranchos etc Most stock guys now run the Caltracs but they are harsh on the street
McCandless ALWAYS insisted on 002 003 on an A Body They WORK !!!!

Even though I did something silly like "lowering" the high side by flipping the front hangers over if you look at the attached log sheet of a day at the track for the Duster and specifically at the 60 foot times for that day I think you might agree that it really didn't affect it. I know it's not a fast car but I think the repeat-ability in the 60 foot is "pretty" good. This is with the long Mopar shocks on the back with 255/60/15 MT ET street's and CE adjustables on the front with 6 cyl. with ac torsion bars. The second picture has the 2 best timeslips for the Duster. The 60 foot times on those aren't too bad either. The third picture is my Valiant that the springs were originally in. It seems like that car was working pretty good too. If Chrysler didn't want you to lower the front of the spring why did they make and sell adjustable front hangers through Direct Connection. Some say that lowering the front of the spring flattens it and increases the stiffness in the front segment. That may help some and hurt others but until you try it you won't know. To say that all Chryslers research has been ruined is silly. They were the KING's of trying different things.

Duster run log sheet.JPGDuster with time slip.JPGValiant Atco.jpg