Originally Posted By crabman173
002 AND 003
if you do something silly like "lower" the high side etc you just ruined all of the research and development that Chrysler put into those items--it was extensive and cost a wad back in the day--They sit the way they sit so the car will LAUNCH correctly--change it so it "looks" better and you ruined it.
Super stock springs rely on the correct shocks to work right--they are designed for DRAG cars so the shocks that work on drag cars are dangerous on the street
You need something like Koni SPA-1's on the front set to full loose and some serious adjustables on the back NOT Ranchos etc Most stock guys now run the Caltracs but they are harsh on the street
McCandless ALWAYS insisted on 002 003 on an A Body They WORK !!!!

Well I have put SS springs on many cars and you cant leave it sitting as it is on some since they sit so far off level. I adjust the torsion bars to get the cars close to level and had never had a problem. I wont drive down the road with a car 4 inches high on one side then the other and they have all still hooked fine. I had to adjust the bars on my 63 after installing 3400 lb SS springs and it hooks great. I also dont use any special shocks as all I have in the back is the longer MP shocks that are basically a normal shock that extends farther. I did put a set of 90/10's up front and they work fine on the street as I drive it all the time on the street since my car is a 99% street car.
Here is a pic of my sons Dart with the 002 & 003 SS springs and this is how it sits after installing the SS springs and me adjusting the torsion bars so it sits close to level. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/26/16 07:11 AM.