Originally Posted By crabman173
002 AND 003
if you do something silly like "lower" the high side etc you just ruined all of the research and development that Chrysler put into those items--it was extensive and cost a wad back in the day--They sit the way they sit so the car will LAUNCH correctly--change it so it "looks" better and you ruined it.
Super stock springs rely on the correct shocks to work right--they are designed for DRAG cars so the shocks that work on drag cars are dangerous on the street
You need something like Koni SPA-1's on the front set to full loose and some serious adjustables on the back NOT Ranchos etc Most stock guys now run the Caltracs but they are harsh on the street
McCandless ALWAYS insisted on 002 003 on an A Body They WORK !!!!

Define ruined. I just beat a Hellcat in a flag drop drag race with a 410 hp EFI'd 408 Magnum while running a pair of driver's side SS springs and Koni's all the way around set-up for open road handling.

Could my car be even quicker out of the hole for drag only use set-up with the original staggered spring rates, drag only shocks, and a pinion snubber. I'm sure by a few 10ths, but the trade off for the average person in drivability, ride quality, looks and overall performance is hardly worth paying for a negligable reduction in straight line launch times.

I'm just saying that a person has to use their own judgment and do some experimentation to find what works best for them. That's what Bob Tarrozi explained to me that he did when he spec'd out the SS springs and a pinion snubber they used on the Hemi cars of the late 60's.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)