Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Do lots of research before buying W2 heads to avoid some issues and to make sure you get the set-up you want or need. I bought a set of Econo W2 heads and picked up some Crane and MP W2 rockers. I did some port work and with the stock 2.02 valves they were flowing slightly over 300 cfm. I ported the W2 intake and threw it in my Duster. After cam break-in I started it a few times in the shop and noticed a small puddle of water on the passenger side. Sure enough the heads cracked on the outside lower row of bolts by the W2 cast into the head. I ground the crack out and used Splash-zone epoxy to fix it and headed to the track. My Duster ran high 9 with that combo but about 3 months later the drivers-side head cracked in the same spot and even after a quick repair the crack continued to grow. After some reading I found out that some of these casting were known to have that issue so they are both leaning again my shop wall in the SCRAP zone. I'm just glad I didn't go to the work and expense of installing bigger valves.

Do you want to sell those W2's. PM me if you do.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston