Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
[quote=]

Well you and I disagree that mech advance will change
the rotor position as the mech advance comes in... and
that video does prove it...

{When I saw the Vid, It did what I thought it would with mechanical advance from my original posts.
I was about to flop back to that prior stance. But, after more thought, got to stay with current first flip.} Sport440

I dont care about about
phase due to I would have already done that in the beginning
when I set up my dist... but mech WILL change the position
of the rotor
wave

It is Totally correct that the Rotor Will change position during Mechanical advance.

But, it wont Show, as in the vid shown above. Because the rotor/reluctor advancement happens Under the pickup plate with its driveshaft. The upper cap terminal and rotor phase/relationship wont see that movement. Nor will the Vid show that when Trend gets done, as compared to the vid above.

The upper cap terminal/rotor relationship, wont know if the 10* or so of rotation is from the mechanical advance or just the engines rotation. So there should be no movement in trendzs vid except for normal tolerance play. Nothing like seen in the first vid.

Now, add Vacuum advance into the equation, it will look like the first vid. The Wide terminal posts of both the caps and rotors are to compensate for the vacuums phase movement.

Just wanted to agree with Mike,P and a lot of others that the Rotors relationship Will change under mechanical advance.

But it will be between the shaft going to the engines side and not upstairs as seen by the cap. The engine will see the advancement by the earlier spark but the cap will not see it.

I flipped on this, almost did a flop back, but staying with the flip today. Maybe flop back tomorrow though. laugh2

Last edited by Sport440; 03/19/16 06:08 PM.