Originally Posted By cudaman1969
G
Originally Posted By justinp61
Tale of two cars, father-sons. Sons, 528 all aluminum Hemi with big aluminum radiator, runs over 2 hundred or more, all the time, with two fans and custom made shroud. Fathers, 472 Hemi steel block aluminum heads stock radiator no shroud, like it came off the line, runs 160 all day, any temp outside. 63&65 Dodges. I told him to get rid of the rad. and electric pump, won't listen, steady throwing money at it??

Originally Posted By cudaman1969
[quote=justinp61]Tale of two different cars, apples to oranges.

To the orginial poster, you don't need a high dollar radiator to cool your car. A parts store replacement will work fine. [/quote

Apples to oranges? Only difference is the block, same crank, just bigger bore in the 528, same flat tapet cam.

So both cars have electric water pumps?

No, hot one has a Merzzery or however you spell it. I'm saying that's the problem, do you agree?

I agree...I ran my 500+HP Street Car on long road trips over mountains even in summer with a stock water pump and electric fan with zero issues (180-190 degrees +/-). I changed to a 55 GPM water pump and now the cars temp creeps up to 220 +/- even driving around town in dead of summer. I'm going back to the stock water pump...