Originally Posted By Supercuda
Originally Posted By 70Duster

And supercuda....the water and coolant used will be the same in both a brass or aluminum radiator so that's not even relevant for comparison purposes.

Your whole supposition is that aluminum is better than brass because it has sslightly better thermal conductivity, the difference in thermal conductivity between water and/or brass and aluminum is orders of magnitude, the restrain on the transfer is the water's ability, not the brass or aluminum's.

It's like arguing that 5/8" fuel line is better than 1/2" because it flows more, into a BBS carb. Irrelevant.

I agree that for the OP's purposes a stock style brass radiator will be fine. So would an aluminum radiator. Personally I prefer the stock look under the hood, and that's why I have a stock style brass radiator behind the 360 in my Duster. It always runs as cool as the original slant 6 did.

I never said an aluminum radiator was better; only that the thermal conductivity of the base material of aluminum is better in conducting heat....and not just slightly better, about two times better. The design of the radiator can have as much to do with performance as the base material. Longevity is another issue in and of itself. There are rarely black and white answers to questions such as these and my purpose was to simply point out a fact that may be of interest to someone attempting to make an informed decision. Happy New Year!