Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Quote:
But, you can usually find the aluminum radiators cheaper. twocents
Agreed & for your app an alum will be fine. I used a Champion ($189 to my door/eBay) in a 65 dart with an 83 318 & it was perfect tho a 318 sure ain't gonna test its cooling capabilities. it was a 2 row and there's been talk that the coolant tubes are smaller but for your app it'd be a non issue. I only had to redrill (1) mounting hole in the Dr side flat flange. If you get one check that it is flat & all welds are good/complete tho those reported probs are somewhat scarce & reportedly have been addressed. The alum does look horrid & you'd wanna paint it. You will save hundreds going with alum

You will not save hundreds going with aluminum.

Cheapest radiator at Summit racing for this application is brass, $227.97.

Next cheapest is a cross flow aluminum universal, $323.97.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/year/1971/make/dodge/model/dart/department/cooling-heating/section/radiators/part-type/radiators?N=4294950315%2B4294951331%2B4294947955%2B4294950709%2B4294949676%2B4294949245&SortBy=DisplayPrice&SortOrder=Ascending

You can get the direct fit OEM type at Rock Auto for a bit less than Summit, about $200. In order to "save hundreds" your aluminum radiator would have to be free, shipped free and install itself without mods, which the cheapest AL direct fit (aka no mods needed) is over $600 at Summit.

You might find a universal (fits nothing) AL radiator on E bay that can be made to work, most likely without the factory shroud fitting easily, for maybe $15 less, not counting shipping differences or mods needed.

Assuming you even need a radiator at all, is this a proactive replacement or do you need a radiator

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.